The ERA Cargo & Freight Group is aimed at those members which operate cargo aircraft and/or services or provide support for cargo services. This may include airlines, airports, aircraft manufacturers and suppliers.
- Identify operational and safety matters concerned with cargo, mail and freight operations.
- Identify areas affecting cargo and freight generally, in which changes to procedures and other functions could improve efficiency.
- Promote and protect the interests of Group members with relevant institutions based on advice and information provided by members.
- Facilitate the sharing of 'best practice' operational knowledge and experience between members via working groups, short web surveys and conference calls.
- Work to ensure that operational changes imposed by regulators are supported by a business and safety case that justifies any required investments.
- Determine and agree an annual work programme concerning cargo matters for approval by the ERA Board and adoption by members during the Annual General Meeting.
- Monitor proposals for changes to regulatory requirements and propose appropriate policies, actions and priorities.
- Present agreed policies to relevant authorities to secure their adoption and implementation, seeking, where appropriate, the agreement and cooperation of other industry associations.
If you are interested in participating in the ERA Cargo & Freight Group, please contact Nick Mower, General Manager Regulatory Affairs.